CBN (cannibinol) is basically the weaker form of THC. The cannabis plant does not produce it, instead it is found as THC compounds break down. CBN is about 25% as potent at THC. That means unlike CBD, if it's taken in high doses it can produce mild psychoactive effects.
The science behind it:
- CBN binds to the CB1, CB2 and TRPV1 receptors. It has an affinity to bind to the CB2 receptor. CBD works best when used with CBD as it binds to other endocannabinoid receptors.
What can CBN help treat?:
- CBN is not as widely studied as the other cannabinoids, but some studies have observed that CBN may be beneficial in treating insomnia and pain relief.
- CBN may have neuroprotective properties that can slow the onset of diseases like ALS, but again more research needs to be done to substantiate this.
Who is it good for?:
- CBN is recommended to help support conditions such as insomnia and chronic pain. Our CBN products are combined with CBD and are intended to help with sleep. Remember CBN is mildly psychoactive so keep that in mind if you choose to use it through-out the day.
Our PM Formula CBN Gummies are the perfect treat for relaxation at bedtime. Each gummy contains 30mg of CBD and 10mg of CBN, and come in an assortment of mouthwatering flavors.
78mg of CBD + 20mg CBN per bar (7.8mg CBD + 2.0mg CBN per square). Reported by many to have sedating effects, this chocolate is designed for relaxation and use at night.
- Tinctures have a faster acting effect compared to gummies.
- Formulated to promote a calm and relaxing night, utilizing the powers of hemp alone. This potent tincture features 300 mg of CBN and 900 mg of CBD per 30 mL bottle.