CBG (cannabigeriol) is known as the mother of all cannabinoids. This Cannabinoid is the precursor to all other cannabinoids like THC and CBD. As the plant absorbs more UV light, Enzymes with in the cannabis plant transform CBG into THC and CBD.
The science behind it:
(what does CBG do to your brain?)
- It binds to the CB1 and CB2 receptors
- Stimulating CB2 Receptors are known to regulate immune response, inflammation, pain and other metabolic processes
- Stimulating CB1 receptors inhibits neurotransmission (messages your body sends) so essentially it alters your perception and emotional response to the pain you're in
- CBD binds to TRPV1 receptors, which are known to mediate pain perception, inflammation, and body temperature. CBN (the sleepy cannabinoid) also bind to these receptors.
- THC also binds to CB2 and CB1 - so CBG can inhibit the uptake of THC!
So although CBG provides similar relief, it is not inhibiting the uptake of CBD, it instead works synergistically with it! How cool!
What can CBG help treat?
There is still a lot of research on CBG to be done, but some of the early findings indicate that CBG has some promising health benefits!
- In a 2021 patient survey, people using CBG reported that it was effective in treating chronic pain, anxiety and insomnia among other conditions.
- A study done on mice with colitis indicate that it has anti inflammatory properties that could prove helpful in treating IBS
- Another study on mice with huntingtons disease showed that CBG can help protect the neurons and inhibit progression of the illness
- CBG binds to the Alpha-2 receptors, which primarily regulate blood pressure and heart rate. Alpha-2 agonists are used to treat ADHD. One patient survey showed that 90% of the participants with ADHD reported increased attention and focus.
- Another study showed CBG as a promising cancer treatment by stopping the spread of cancer cells! Wow!
Who is it good for?
CBG is recommended to help support conditions such as; IBS, attention and focus, Cognitive Support, chronic pain and insomnia. The CBG products we carry are formulated with CBD so you will get the synergistic effects of both!
*Info found at https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-cbg-cannabinoid
- USDA Certified Organic
- Each 1oz bottle contains 30 servings with a total of 450mg of CBG and 450mg of CBD
- rigorously tested by third-party labs for both potency and purity.
- Water soluble
- Nanoemulcified for more bioavailability. (this means the CBD/CBG bond to smaller molecules so that your body and uptake it easier)
- Our Cognitive Support CBG Gummies are a sweet and convenient way to add some focus to your day. 33mg of CBD and 33mg CBG, and come in an assortment of flavors.